Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grand New Things!

Hello My Bloggy Friends!

I'm Back!!!!

It is so exciting to be sitting here typing and returning to something I have had to set aside for a lengthy season in my life. I look forward to catching up with old friends and meeting some new ones.

Thanks for stopping by...I hope you stay a while and enjoy your visit!


GRAND NEW THINGS!


You crown the year with a bountiful harvest, even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.
Psalm 65:11


We may not know what our days will bring into our lives. There will no doubt be new opportunities, challenges and a variety of circumstances for us to experience but one thing will always remain the same...Jesus Christ. He never changes. His promises are the same yesterday, today and forever!! I am so grateful that I know Him as my Savior and Lord!

When we come to the start of each new day we will have decisions to make.
It will be our option of how we will respond to what comes to the doorstep of our lives.
It will be our decision as to what our priorities will be for that day.
It will be our choice to select what we wear, eat and where we will go.

The beautiful thing about each new day is that with Christ we are not alone and through Him we can experience a fresh new start!
Don't you just love something new?
I love new accessories, new recipes, and new knowledge!
And lately I have come to love and appreciate each new day, new year and new beginning!

When January 2010 started I had no idea that I would be facing one of my most difficult yet most amazing years of my life. The first months of that new year were filled with so much excitement as we planned for our daughter Meredith's wedding. The whole preparation and outcome of it was blessed with joy, love and laughter! Then on May 15th our lives were suddenly interrupted with the news that I was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Go Here - www.caringbridge.org/visit/veronicahutcherson for more details about my journey.

When 2010 wrapped up we were different folks...all glory to God for our changed lives!
We ended the year giving thanks for the difficult pathways that the Lord was bringing us through and for the abundance of provided blessings He distributed along the way!

As we approached 2011 it was evident that we were fixing to enter into a Grand New Year!
We were overjoyed with the completion of my chemo treatments and exuberant in the announcement that we were going to become Grandparents!!
What an amazing way to end our year!!!!

And while I am still in a healing phase and preparing for the next round of surgeries...I am anticipating many Grand New Things for my life.
I do not know exactly what those new things will be or what this new year has for me but I do know that...
I choose not to go to bed angry or worried.
I choose not to let doubt or regret linger.
I choose not to fear for my future or the future of my loved ones.
I choose to celebrate.
I choose to give.
I choose to receive.
I choose to forgive.
I choose to love God and others.
I choose to give thanks.
I choose to laugh.
I choose to sing.
I choose to dance.
I choose to make changes that will make a difference in my home, in my relationships, my faith and my environment.

My comfort in my sufferings is this -
The Lord's Promises and Words give me hope, and renew my life! Every Word is a miracle word!
He steady's my steps with His Words of Promise so that NOTHING malign or malignant gets the best of me! His Promises have been tested through and through...there is evidence of it all around!
(Adapted from The Message Bible ~ Psalm 119:114 - 152)

Has your life been interrupted with something and you could use a little renewing?
I pray that this message will encourage you to turn to the source of all Hope and Healing, Jesus Christ!

May the Lord crown your life with bounty and goodness and pour out blessings
of renewal for a Grand New Day and Year!!

Be Inspired By Him!

Vern



No comments:

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt
T-shirt sales help with PINK Hope & Love cancer ministry efforts - Thank you for your continued support!
Adult sizes 100% cotton