Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Month of Celebration and Honor!

CELEBRATION ~ A time to honor by solemn ceremonies or by refraining from ordinary business.

HONOR ~ Showing of a usually merited respect.

I am going to take time this month to concentrate on the expressions of Celebrating and Honoring. This will specifically include paying tribute to those ladies in our lives that we have profound gratefulness, love & respect for.

Throughout the rest of this month I have invited some special friends and guests to share precious jewels of wisdom, joy and love to encourage you in your own personal journey. Intertwined with their messages we will share stories to celebrate women who have inspired us personally.

I cannot wait to introduce them to you as we CELEBRATE our Mothers, Daughters, Sisters, Girlfriends and Mentors!!

Let the Celebrations Begin!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is something that all of us have in common...We all have a mom.

Today I would like to Celebrate and Honor the one who brought me into this world...My Momma!

My mom gave birth to 7 children. Guess which number I am?
She was a military wife that became a widow when I was 4 years old.
Her strength and endurance is what I want to honor today.

She came from a large family herself.
She experienced a hard life with much heartache, suffering and struggles.
She was determined to provide for us and had to overcome much to accomplish that.

About 11 years ago my mom completed her journey here on earth after experiencing a difficult battle with cancer. My final days with her were some of the most precious memories that I will forever cherish!

I would sit by her hospital bedside and read The Word of God (The Bible) to her and sing songs over her...she thanked me as she squeezed my hand and smiled.

Little did she know that I had prayed many years for that day when we would share the joys of Christ together.

Today - I rejoice knowing that the Lord has rescued her and that she is now completely whole and full of joy! She is free from pain, heartache and despair and as my husband has said several times..."She would not return here for nothing"!

I miss her and her tortillas!!


I would also like to take this time to Celebrate and send a greeting to my mother -in law this Mothers Day.

Nonni, THANK YOU for extending much mercy and love to this favorite Daughter -in - law of yours! You will never know how much your compassion and prayers have affected my life...I love you!

"If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance!"
George Bernard Shaw


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

2 comments:

Danette said...

Thank you both so much for the encouragement! The visual with the pumpkin in the glass jar is very powerful! I'm in the process of breaking my glass!

Some days are funner than others so I appreciate the hand up!
Danette

Becky said...

Thanks for dropping by!

I was feeling a little choked up for you reading this post, and then got to that George Bernard Shaw quote at the end and laughed outright.

Great insights. The pumkin in the jar thing was great.

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt
T-shirt sales help with PINK Hope & Love cancer ministry efforts - Thank you for your continued support!
Adult sizes 100% cotton