Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sing!

This morning I was reading the Proverbs 31 Devotional and my friend Micca's message which then led me to her blog. Her discussion was about the "ugly one" (my name for satan) who tries to steal your joy. She shares details about how to keep your joy.
As I read her blog I kept thinking about how I have handled being robbed of joy and other things. Well, I sing!
Thinking of this inspired me to write about a couple of songs that have given me encouragement in the midst of difficulty, despair and decision making.

There are many songs that have given me hope to carry on.
If you know my testimony you have heard about times in my life that fear, loneliness and sadness surrounded my life. You also know that I always share about the great Jesus music I was introduced to in my teen years. The message through the music broke through and rescued me! During some of the lowest times in my life those words spoke life and healing to my soul...it saved my life! Even to this day I still listen to those artists and their music and it continues to have a huge part in transforming and guiding my life.
While it does not replace the Word of God...it is the word and melody of God being sung over us.
And in case you have not heard...Praise is a weapon! With Praise and Song we can Win battles!

Are you needing encouragement for a situation you are in today?
Is there sadness looming around you?
Do you have a prayer need that aches your heart?
Is there a decision you need guidance on?

May I recommend that you read the Psalms, grab a good worship CD and sing!
Sing for Joy!
Sing for Healing!
Sing for Hope!
Sing for Wisdom!
Sing to Win and Overcome!

Leave a comment or email me and let me know how I can pray for you.
Take the time to encourage one another and share a song that has given you hope in the midst of a difficult time.

Here is a long time favorite artist of mine.
Janny Grein was one of the pioneers of Christian Music in the 70's.
She continues to minister and sing and has become a precious friend and mentor of mine.
If you would like more information please go to her website - www.janny.com. Tell her Vern sent you!

Be Inspired to Sing!


MORE THAN CONQUERORS ~ By Janny Grein

We've been made More Than Conquerors
Overcomers in this world.
We've been made Victorious
Through the Blood of Jesus Christ.

If trouble comes knocking at your door.
Dont be afraid - it's not like before.
Don't you give in - don't let it bring you down.
You do not have to worry anymore.

Jesus said - there would be tribulation.
But He said " I have overcome".
Brothers and Sisters well now's the time to stand.
Don't you know the battles all are won!

We've been made more than Conquerors ~ Overcomers in this life!
We've been made Victorious ~ Through the Blood of Jesus Christ!

Hold on - we are getting stronger everday.
There is no reason for you to go astray
Don't be leaning to your understanding
Lean on Him and we will all say...

We've been made more than Conquerors ~ Overcomers in this life!
We've been made Victorious ~ Through the Power of God's Word!


PRAISE HIM ~ Janny Grein

If any man be in Christ - then he has become a new creation.
Old things are passed away.
Behold everything has become new in him.
God know longer knows the things that brought you to this place before you came here.
He only see's you holy now - faultless and blameless as your standing there.

Praise Him!
Lift your hands and Praise Him.
Praise Him!
Praise the name of Jesus!

Through the blood of Jesus.
His righteousness is like the robe upon Him.
Flowing and covering His Garment of Praise will now adorn you.
You will live and reign forever as Kings and Priests and Sons(Daughters) that He will call His own.
His blood is flowing in you now - Royalty has finally found a home in you.

Praise Him!



Praise be to the Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.
Psalm 28:6-7

No comments:

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt
T-shirt sales help with PINK Hope & Love cancer ministry efforts - Thank you for your continued support!
Adult sizes 100% cotton