Friday, November 7, 2008

Prayers for our President (Elect)

I wanted to share these comments and prayers for our President elect Barack Obama.

1. From My Pastor

Dear Barack,

Congratulations on becoming the next President of the United States of America. It is a historic moment and you are the Lord's leader for our country. Although I did not vote for you, I look forward to praying for you over the next four years. My prayer is that the Lord will give you wisdom, knowledge, and insight in all the decisions you will have to make. I pray for your marriage, that you and Michelle will stay close and be an example of love for the nation and the world to follow. I pray for your family, that your girls will continue to enjoy their "Dad time" away from the media spotlight. I pray that the Lord gives you all the grace and strength and courage you need to do the job that is before you. Keep your eyes on Jesus and find your strength in His Word. If you need anything from me, don't hesitate to call.

Your friend,

Robert Emmitt
Pastor Community Bible Church San Antonio, TX



2. From My Favorite Bible Teacher & Siesta! - Beth Moore

Please join me in praying for our President-elect Barack Obama, his wife Michelle, and his precious daughters, Sasha and Malia. Go with me before the Throne of our sovereign God and ask Him to grant wisdom from above to President-elect Obama and the indwelling presence and power of Jesus Christ. In the words of the Apostle Paul, "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior..."

Please also join me in the active and deliberate pursuit of unity and purity in the Body of Christ at this historical time in our country. I implore you in Jesus' Name to have zero tolerance for prejudice whether it is regarding party-affiliation, color (whether you are Black, White, or Brown), economics or the like. Disagreement is not sin. Prejudice is. Satan has plotted events and planted attitudes that, should he be successful, will result in havoc. We must not stand for his schemes or cooperate in a single way. We would severely displease God and invite untold chastisement upon Christ's Church in our nation. Speak clearly to your children and graciously but emphatically draw a line in your work places and social circles regarding your stand against prejudice of any kind.

And to that I say - AMEN!!

Praying for peace to be within you all!
Psalms 122:7-8

Be Inspired,

Vern








2 comments:

Stacy said...

Just wanted to say that I landed on your blog some how and really enjoyed reading through some of your posts.

Thanks!

Florence-Graham Pool Services said...

Hi nicee reading your post

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt
T-shirt sales help with PINK Hope & Love cancer ministry efforts - Thank you for your continued support!
Adult sizes 100% cotton