Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Teen Rocks!!

On Wednesday, July 9th I took Ali Bug to go get her haircut.

It was a day of celebration!

Why?
Because for the past year she has not wanted to cut, trim or snip any part of her hair.

She was determined to grow it long and would give me much grief whenever I brought up the suggestion of going to get her hair trimmed.

Ali had a goal and stayed focused on this goal until the end.

What was her goal?

She wanted to grow her hair long enough to donate eleven inches to the Locks of Love foundation, that prepares wigs for cancer patients.

She grew her hair so long that she actually still had some hair left to get a cute new style for herself.
Ju Bean and I watched and took pictures of this great moment.

It was inspiring and made me so proud to see what she accomplished.
I think there is a message being birthed from what I witnessed in her eyes.

She completed what her heart set out to do and was lit up with joy in the process of giving a part of herself for a cause that means something to her.
I was so moved by watching her reach her goal - Way to go Ali!!!

And to think - I almost cut her hair while she was sleeping one night!


Just kidding!


Enjoy the photos of before and after!



Be inspired to dream big, reach your goals and to persevere till you accomplish the desires our Lord puts on your heart....You are never too young or too old, and it is never too late!


My Teen Rocks!

Proud Mom,


Vern



PS ~ Shortly after Ali donated her hair we got news that one of her friends (and our friends daughter) was beginning to go through a series of testing. While we were away at Kids Camp the week of July 12th -19th, sweet Caty Mayer was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma Cancer. I would appreciate your prayers for our friends ~ The Mayers (David, Courtney, Caty and Colin)...Be inspired by reading Caty's amazing story on her web page at www.caringbridge.org/visit/caitlinmayer


The Lord has been doing great things through this young life and is in the midst of something spectacular during this season He is guiding her and her family through...Stay Tuned for updates and celebrations!























6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vern you should be a proud mama. Ali is a beautiful girl and did a wonderful thing by donating her gorgeous locks. My friend came over yesterday with her 3 year old who is battling Neuroplastoma. Many might know her, McKenzie May. Her family attend CBC and are loving people of God. She has lost her beautiful brown locks but has a glowing spirit and spunky step. My girls are wanting to do the same thing and I will share Ali's story to keep them inspired.

From your Sister in Christ,
Trisha

Anonymous said...

She gets her kindness from you. She gets her smile from you. She gets her ambition from you. But, most of all, she gets wanting to make the world a better place, from you. Love you Aunt Vern.

Anonymous said...

Hey Vern--

Loved the story of Ali--how timely, huh? She is an amazing girl. Do you think it might have something to do with the two amazing people who are raising her?

I just read Trisha's comment & our lifegroup's praying for McKenzie too--lots of prayer warriors out there!

Looking forward to the next one...
God bless,
Sue O.

Jo Ann said...

Awesome thing your teen did! You must be very proud of her. And she looks beautiful with the shorter hair style!
Jo Ann

Anonymous said...

mommy!
:) thanks for my own personal blog!

i uploaded the pictures we took with Caty for you to put on your next one


love ya loads!

Amy said...

That is sweet of you to post about her. I do the "My Husband Rocks" post on Fridays and love your twist! I enjoyed poking around your blog! Have a great weekend!

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt
T-shirt sales help with PINK Hope & Love cancer ministry efforts - Thank you for your continued support!
Adult sizes 100% cotton