Monday, February 10, 2014

Jewel Of Inspiration



Jewel Of Inspiration:

A Prayer For Today And The Days To Come





Matthew 6:11 - Give us this day our daily bread.


Daily bread is needed in order to face and accomplish what is necessary for today or to be equipped for the days ahead. 
I am praying for it's provision of nourishment, wisdom, and strength in order to do what I am called to do - become what I am to become and to overcome what I need to overcome. 
Otherwise, I open myself up to become distracted and delayed by useless or counterfeit things and I want less of that and more Him!

Proverbs 30:8 - Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.


During my cancer journey I learned to not look at the calendar of days, weeks and months of doctor visits, tests and treatments and the increasing medical cost's that were ahead. Instead I had to learn to face each day and what it may bring - nourishing on His Word that was planted and growing in my life and the love, and prayers of those covering me (so grateful!!). All of that and more helped me to have any bit of strength to not worry (as much) about what might be ahead. It amazingly provided me (and my family) with increased wisdom, hope and strength to live & face one day at a time and reduce any fear that tired to enter in.


Do you need increased hope, wisdom, strength and nourishment for today? 

Prayers for you and praises for His provisions that come in a variety of ways! 

Thank you, Lord, for your provisions that are poured out to us both physically and spiritually. No matter the size or supply - may we be aware and may it teach us honesty, perseverance, gratefulness, and generous compassion to give You thanks and not keep it to ourselves. 


John 6:35 (ESV) - “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." 


"The best condition is that which neither implies poverty nor yet recedes far from it."
~ Matthew Henry 


“Never, in peace or war, commit your virtue or your happiness to the future. Happy work is best done by the man who takes his long-term plans somewhat lightly and works from moment to moment ‘as to the Lord.’ It is only our daily bread that we are encouraged to ask for. The present is the only time in which any duty can be done or any grace received.” 

~ C.S. Lewis, from The Weight of Glory

Be Inspired To Seek God For Your Daily Bread And Give Thanks For His Provisions!


Pinky Vern

No comments:

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt
T-shirt sales help with PINK Hope & Love cancer ministry efforts - Thank you for your continued support!
Adult sizes 100% cotton