Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Will Remember

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of the inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.
You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
Micah 7:18-19 NIV


Have you ever messed up?
Made mistakes?
Forgotten Something?

I Have.
More thank I care to admit and more than others know.
But I Know.
And sometimes my knowing turns to remembering.
Remembering the times I failed.
The times I ...
Failed as a Human Being.
Failed as a Student.
Failed as an Employee.
Failed as a Volunteer.
Failed as a Daughter
Failed as a Sister.
Failed as an Aunt.
Failed as a Friend.
Failed as a Wife.
Failed as a Mother.
F- A- I- L-E-D

Sometimes the video memory plays at full blast, the stinging pain, and the shameful guilt stare at me.
And then something stirs in me and I remember something else.
I remember what the Word says that the Blood of Christ has done for me and it is then that
I remind my heart & mind of these things.

I remind myself that I am Forgiven and Made New.
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Matthew 26:28

In case you did not know - on the cross Christ died for you and for me so that we could be forgiven and free from the haunting video memory that plays all of our failures in our heads.
When we believe in Him and repent of our sins - He forgives and forgets.
Read the scripture at the top of the page and visualize your failures and seek complete
forgiveness from Christ.
Invite Him to help you forgive yourself, and to forgive others.
Read it again and give thanks to Him for what He accomplished on the Cross!
Now you have authority and confidence knowing that all of it is forgiven and gone...hurled into the depths of the sea...with a sign that says NO FISHING ALLOWED!
Put your poles down.

Next

I remind myself that His Mercies are new every morning for me! 
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed for his compassions never fail.  
They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Because of what I have experienced from Him and His mercy towards me - I am being changed and strengthened.  I am even growing in extending mercy to myself and to others.
That is some powerful stuff right there!
I encourage you to ponder that one a bit.
His Mercies Never Come To An End!
No matter what you did.
No matter what you said.
No matter what you thought.
No matter what!
This is one grateful girl!!


I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake and I will not remember your sins.
Isaiah 43:25
Nothing Can Change That!  
No accusation.
No awful memory.
No report.
No write up.
No rumor.
Nothing!!

Now go about your day and the days ahead remembering and reminding yourself that
When God Forgives He Does So Completely - Not Partially!
 Rejoice sweet friends - we have been forgiven...fully forgiven!

I Will Remember & Magnify the Faithfulness and Forgiveness of Christ and
 Never Forget What He Accomplished For Me At The Cross!
(You can make this your declaration and prayer too!)

Be Inspired,

Pinky Vern

No comments:

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt
T-shirt sales help with PINK Hope & Love cancer ministry efforts - Thank you for your continued support!
Adult sizes 100% cotton