Monday, June 1, 2009

Let's Celebrate our Girlfriends!!

Throughout the month of May I was holding a celebration event to honor the women in our lives.  Thank you to my special guests that shared wisdom and hope to encourage us!
  
The month was so busy with end of the school year activities and schedules that I did not get to finish posting all my celebrations!!

I am going to continue today by Celebrating My Girlfriends!

Good girlfriends that are faithful and true are hard to find.
When you do find them - they are even harder to leave...and impossible to forget!!

In my life I have been very blessed to have had so many amazing women come into my life!
Some for short seasons...other's for long journeys.  
Some I have lost touch with...other's I have crossed paths again.
Some I have learned from up close and personal...other's from a distance.

Celebrating our Girlfriends is like pouring out colorful confetti that adds a special touch our day!!

Their lifestyles challenge us to change.
Their faith leads us to hope.
Their encouragement gives us guidance to move forward.
Their courage inspires our strength.
Their humor changes our countenance. 
They bring reality to our dreams and wisdom to our wondering...and our wandering!!  

Nicole Johnson from Women of Faith wrote -
"Encouragement is to a friendship what confetti is to a party!  
It's a bunch of little pieces that are festive-refreshing and fun...and you always end up finding little pieces of it stuck on you later!"

Have you noticed the confetti that is sprinkled on and around you?

Today I would like to say a Big THANK YOU to every girlfriend throughout my life that has ever SpRiNkLeD  - Prayers, Love, Compassion, Wisdom, Gentleness, Joy, Hope, Strength, Laughter, Patience, Hospitality, Mercy, Truth, Creativity, Inspiration, Friendship and Forgiveness!!

I am grateful not just for the duration that you have been in my life but for the decoration you have left in my view...You have colored my world!!

Be Inspired to take the time to intentionally appreciate, celebrate and pray for all the girlfriend's, sisters, mom's, daughter's and mentors in your lives today and enjoy watching this music video from Amy Grant...click here.

I dedicate this blog to my friend Connie Campbell...who's friendship confetti still lingers in my life today...I miss you girl!


Much love to you all!!

Vern








  



5 comments:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

What a sweet post!! God has blessed me with so many wonderful women these last few years, and I love how you still carry parts of them with you even if you have not seen them in a while!

I also wanted to stop by and say Hello, and thank you for your kind and encouraging words the last few weeks. I have really appreciated them!

Blessings to you today!
Lindsey

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

hi my friend - one week and we get to meet. Make sure you find me. I am terrible with trying to put blog faces together, so if you see me first, come and give me a big hug. :) I'm planning a blogger meet and greet for Friday night since they don't have anything scheduled...after the main session. We'll try and spread the word when details get worked out. :)

Mom and Loving It! said...

Hi Vern! It was great to meet you at She Speaks at the very last minute...and make the Leals connection! I'm working on a blog post about She Speaks and wanted to include your website. I'll put your blog for now unless your site is going to be up within the next week. You can let me know what you prefer. I have a great picture of you.
I'm just realizing that we have another connection via blogs... Hi Lindsey! Lindsey is a sweet, sweet friend of mine from our former church and small group...lots of confetti between us! She's amazing!
Blessings!

Lisa Smith said...

Vern-- It was so wonderful to meet you at D6! You have beautiful jewelry & such a neat ministry. lisa

Lisa Smith said...

Vern,

I have been trying to get back here to your blog since She Speaks. Renee asked me to please pray for you and your sister. Sweet girl I am praying!! My year has been a crazy one as well and I am right there with you on my knees.

PS We met at D6 with Lindsey, remember :)

Blessings, lisa

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt

PINK Hope & Love T-Shirt
T-shirt sales help with PINK Hope & Love cancer ministry efforts - Thank you for your continued support!
Adult sizes 100% cotton